Method of Sale
The property is offered for sale by Unconditional Timed Online Auction on 21st April 2021 and on the assumption the property reaches the reserve price, exchange of contracts will take place upon the fall of electronic gavel with completion occurring 20 working days thereafter. For details of how to bid please read our Online Auction Buying Guide.
The vendor's solicitor is preparing an Auction Legal Pack. This will be available to view online and interested parties should Register online to receive updates. If you are viewing these particulars on Rightmove or alike please visit the Online Property Auctions section of Clarke and Simpson's website to Watch/Register/Bid.
The property is located within the Parish of Cretingham and is approximately 100m from the highly respected pub, The Bell. Cretingham is also home to St Peters church as well as Kingfishers Restaurant and Golf Club. The village of Brandeston is 1.5 miles and is home to Framlingham Colleges Prep-school as well as another excellent pub, The Queen. Framlingham itself is just 5 miles from the property and offers a comprehensive range of services and facilities including a supermarket, doctors surgery, dentist, veterinary practice, garaging, cafes, restaurants and pubs, as well as excellent schools in both the state and private sector. The property is within 10 miles of Woodbridge and the county town of Ipswich is just 15 miles. From here there are main line railway services to London's Liverpool Street station scheduled to take just over the hour. The Heritage Coast at Aldeburgh is within 20 miles, with the other coastal resorts of Thorpeness, Southwold, Walberswick and Orford in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, all within easy reach.
This is an exciting opportunity to purchase a property that extends to approximately 11 acres and comprises a basic bungalow and outbuildngs including a substantial pole barn. The bungalow which is believed to be of timber construction with rendered elevations under a corrugated metal roof extends to approximately 686 sq feet. It has predominantly UPVC double glazed windows and has an oil fired central heating system. Whilst some may choose to retain and use the bungalow as it is, other interested parties may look to obtain planning permission to demolish it and construct a new dwelling in a similar or new location on the site. Alternatively, others may look to convert the barn. As per the overage section below, there can only be one dwelling upon the property unless the overage payment is made and of course, subject to obtaining planning permission.
It is envisaged that the property has scope to obtain planning permission for further dwellings or for the conversion of the barn. It is being sold with an overage clause whereby if, within 20 years, Planning Permission/Permitted Development for more than one dwelling on the whole site is obtained, the vendor will receive 30% of the uplift in value (i.e. there can only be one dwelling on the site). For the avoidance of doubt the overage will not be triggered by the construction of outbuildings to be used ancillary to a single dwelling or for agricultural purposes.
A door to the rear of the bungalow provides access to the hallway which opens to the kitchen and
Bath, WC and hand wash basin. Radiator and fan heater. Windows to side and rear.
12' x 6'5 (3.66m x 1.95m) Hand wash basin with cupboard below. Built-in cupboard. Rayburn. Window to the veranda. Radiator. Hatch to roof space. Doors lead to the bedrooms and
Sitting /Dining Room
17'7 x 14'3 (5.36m x 4.34m) Fireplace with tiled and timber surround. Windows to the front, rear and side. Radiators.
9' x 8'6 (2.74m x 2.59m) Window to the side. Radiator and large opening to
9' x 6'5 (2.74m x 1.96m) Window to the side. Radiator.
11'11 x 8'6 (3.63m x 2.59m) Fitted shelving. Window to the front of the property.
Veranda measuring 17’8 x 6’9
The property extends in all to approximately 11 acres. It is approached off the lane by a five bar gate which leads to a parking area that has access to a timber garage of 14'8 x 9'6. Adjacent to this is a meadow. Beyond the bungalow is the former farmyard. Here there is a concrete hard standing and access to the barn. This is of timber construction with corrugated metal elevations and roof. Internally it measures approximately 35' x 44' and is subdivided into two sections. As well as two garden sheds there is also a basic open sided timber framed building measuring approximately 38' x 15'. Beyond the yard is agricultural land extending to approximately 9.5 acres. Holdover of the agricultural land will be required until after harvest 2021 whereupon the straw will be removed or chopped with the field left in stubble. A footpath runs through the agricultural land.
Strictly by appointment with the agent. Covid-19 – No more than two related viewers will be admitted to the property and assurances must be provided that neither party has Covid-19 symptoms. Viewers must bring with them appropriate PPE (mask) and sanitise accordingly.
Mains water and electricity. Oil fired central heating system. Private drainage system.
Band B; £1,361.25 payable per annum 2020/2021
East Suffolk Council; East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1RT; Tel: 01394 383789
1. These particulars are produced in good faith, are set out as a general guide only and do not constitute any part of a contract. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers or lessees in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn. Interested parties should rely on their own/their surveyors investigations as to the construction type of the property and its condition. No warranty can be given for any of the services or equipment at the property and no tests have been carried out to ensure that heating, electrical or plumbing systems and equipment are fully operational. Any distances, room aspects and measurements which are given are approximate only. Any plans are indicative only and may not be the same as the transfer plan/s. No guarantee can be given that any planning permissions or listed building contents or building regulations have been applied for or approved. The agents have not been made aware of any covenants or restrictions that may impact the property, unless stated otherwise
2. Under Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 we, as Estate Agents, are required to obtain identification from buyers in the form of the photo page of your passport or a photo driving licence. The document must be in date. In addition, we need proof of address in the form of a utility bill with the name and address of the buyer. This must not be more than three months old. We are also under obligation to check where the purchase funds are coming from. When you register to bid you will be prompted to provide the appropriate money laundering documentation.
3. In the unlikely situation of our client considering an offer prior to auction, a premium price would have to be put forward and the purchaser would be required to sign the contract and put down a 10% deposit and pay the Buyers Administration Charge, well in advance of the auction date. An offer will not be considered unless a potential buyer has read the legal pack and is in a position to immediately sign the contract. The seller is under no obligation to accept such an offer. It should ne noted that Clarke and Simpson cannot keep all interested parties updated and at times will be instructed to accept an offer and exchange contracts without going back to any other parties first.
4. Additional fees: Buyers Administration Charge - £900 including VAT (see Buying Guide). Disbursements - please see the Legal Pack for any disbursements listed that may become payable by the purchaser upon completion.
5. Generally speaking a guide price is an indication of the sellers minimum expectations. They are not necessarily the figure that the property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a reserve (a figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we will expect will be set within the guide range of no more than 10% above a single figure guide.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
Connecting to server...
Strictly by appointment with the agent. Please call for details. Covid-19 – No more than two related viewers will be admitted to the property and assurances must be provided that neither party has Covid-19 symptoms. Viewers must bring with them appropriate PPE (mask) and sanitise accordingly.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.