Method of Sale
The property is offered for sale by Unconditional Timed Online Auction on 15th August 2022 and on the assumption the property reaches the reserve price, exchange of contracts will take place upon the fall of the electronic gavel with completion occurring 20 working days thereafter. For details of how to bid please read our Online Auction Buying Guide.
The vendor's solicitor has prepared an Auction Legal Pack. This is available to view online and interested parties should Register online to receive updates. If you are viewing a hard set of these particulars or via Rightmove or alike please visit the Online Property Auctions section of Clarke and Simpson's website to Watch, Register and Bid.
The seller's solicitors are Gotelee Solicitors LLP; 19 Deben Mill Business Centre, Old Maltings Approach, Woodbridge IP12 1BL; Tel: 01394 388605. For the attention Sharon Pearson - Email: email@example.com. We recommend that interested parties instruct their solicitor to make any additional enquiries prior to the auction.
The property is set along Dallinghoo Road, a short distance from the centre of the popular and well regarded village of Wickham Market. This thriving community offers a range of local businesses, shops including a Co-operative supermarket, restaurants, a health centre, library and primary school. There are regular bus services to Woodbridge and on to Ipswich. The village is also within the Thomas Mills High School catchment area for secondary schooling. Wickham Market lies about 12 miles to the north-east of the county town of Ipswich and just off the A12, providing dual carriageway driving to Woodbridge (approximately 4 miles), Ipswich, London and the south. There is a railway station at nearby Campsea Ashe with trains to Ipswich and on to London, which take just over the hour. Local tourist attractions, such as Easton Farm Park, Snape Maltings, Framlingham Castle and Sutton Hoo, are all within a 10 mile radius, as is the coast with popular destinations such as Aldeburgh.
From the market hill in the centre of Wickham Market, proceed off the square into Dallinghoo Road where number 18 will be found on the left hand side.
For those using the What3words app: ///casually.slim.headstone
18 Dallinghoo Road is an end of terrace cottage of predominantly brick and timber construction under a slate tiled roof. Internally if offers a downstairs bathroom, kitchen and sitting room and on the first floor are two double bedrooms. The cottage has scope to be renovated and modernised. It benefits from UPVC double glazed windows and some electric heating. Externally there is a rear south facing courtyard garden and outhouses.
The Vendors have commissioned an independent building survey and this is available to download as part of the legal pack. Upon completion, the surveyors, James Aldridge will assign their duty of care to the buyer.
A partially glazed UPVC front door provides access to the
14' x 11' (4.27m x 3.35m) North facing UPVC window. Tiled fireplace which is home to an electric fire. Night storage heater. Door and stairs to the first floor landing. Understairs shelf cupboard. A door opens to the
13' x 8' (3.96m x 2.44m) Fitted with a range of high and low level wall units with roll edge work surface. Free standing oven. Fridge and space and plumbing for a washing machine. Silica resin sink with drainer and cold water tap above. Tiled flooring. Built-in shelved pantry cupboard. South facing UPVC window overlooking the courtyard garden. A door opens to the
With partially glazed west facing UPVC exterior door and a further door to the
Comprising bath, WC and hand wash basin. Wall mounted water heater. West facing UPVC window with obscured glazing. Wall mounted electric heater.
The stairs from the sitting room lead up to the
Night storage heater. Doors lead off to the two bedrooms.
11'5 x 11' (3.48m x 3.35m) A double bedroom with north facing UPVC window to the front of the property. Freestanding wardrobes and built-in wardrobe with shelving.
13' x 10'3 (3.96m x 3.12m) A dual aspect double bedroom with south and west facing UPVC windows. Wall mounted convector heater. Fitted shelving and built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving.
There is a pathway to the side of the property linked to a south facing courtyard to the rear of the cottage that measures approximately 18' x 10' minimum. This low maintenance area is laid with paving stones and has a high level bed. From here there is access to the outbuildings which are brick and flint, with a workshop and shelved store with power connected.
Strictly by appointment with the agent. Please follow current Covid-19 government guidelines.
Mains water, drainage and electricity.
Band A; £1,302.55 payable per annum 2022/2023
East Suffolk Council; East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1RT; Tel: 0333 016 2000
Rating = F (Copy available from the agents upon request)
1. Every care has been taken with the preparation of these particulars, but complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. If there is any point, which is of particular importance to you, please obtain professional confirmation. Alternatively, we will be pleased to check the information for you. These Particulars do not constitute a contract or part of a contract. All measurements quoted are approximate. The Fixtures, Fittings & Appliances have not been tested and therefore no guarantee can be given that they are in working order. Photographs are reproduced for general information and it cannot be inferred that any item shown is included. No guarantee can be given that any planning permission or listed building consent or building regulations have been applied for or approved. The agents have not been made aware of any covenants or restrictions that may impact the property, unless stated otherwise. Any site plans used in the particulars are indicative only and buyers should rely on the Land Registry/transfer plan.
2. The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 require all Estate Agents to obtain sellers and buyers identity.
3. The two neighbouring cottages have a right of way over the neighbouring courtyard and take their bins through this area. In addition, the Royal British Legion have an emergency fire access right of way across the courtyard.
4. It should be noted that there is no loft hatch in the property albeit we are led to believe that the neighbouring property, number 16 constructed a fire curtain in the loft.
5. In the unlikely situation of our client considering an offer prior to auction, a premium price would have to be put forward and the purchaser would be required to sign the contract and put down a 10% deposit and pay the Buyers Administration Charge, well in advance of the auction date. An offer will not be considered unless a potential buyer has read the legal pack and is in a position to immediately sign the contract. The seller is under no obligation to accept such an offer. It should be noted that Clarke and Simpson cannot keep all interested parties updated and at times will be instructed to accept an offer and exchange contracts without going back to any other parties first.
6. Additional fees: Buyers Administration Charge - £900 including VAT (see Buying Guide). Disbursements - please see the Legal Pack for any disbursements listed that may become payable by the purchaser upon completion.
7. The guide price is an indication of the sellers minimum expectations. This is not necessarily the figure that the property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. The property will be offered subject to a reserve (a figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we will expect to be set within the guide range of no more than 10% above a single figure guide.
Relaunched by auction July 2022
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.