14’ 7 x 10’6 (4.48m x 3.23m) ft red brick building under a tiled roof. Grounds extending to 0.25 acres.
FOR SALE BY TIMED ONLINE AUCTION - 1st June 2022
Method of Sale
The property is offered for sale by Unconditional Timed Online Auction on 1st June 2022 and on the assumption the property reaches the reserve price, exchange of contracts will take place upon the fall of the electronic gavel with completion occurring 20 working days thereafter. For details of how to bid please read our Online Auction Buying Guide.
The vendor’s solicitor has prepared an Auction Legal Pack. This is available to view online and interested parties should Register online to receive updates. If you are viewing a hard set of these particulars or via Rightmove or alike please visit the Online Property Auctions section of Clarke and Simpson’s website to Watch, Register and Bid.
The seller’s solicitors are Gotelees Solicitors LLP; 31 - 41 Elm Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 2AY; Tel: 01473 298164; For the attention of Alexander Butler-Zagni; Email: email@example.com. We recommend that interested parties instruct their solicitor to make any additional enquiries prior to the auction.
The building is situated in a lovely position within the Parish of Easton, just over half a mile from the centre of the village. The village benefits from the highly regarded pub, The White Horse. There is also a primary school, village hall and attractive church, as well as a farm park, bowls club and well supported cricket club. The village centre of Wickham Market is under 2 miles from the property. Here there are comprehensive facilities including a Co-Op supermarket, butchers, medical centre, dentist, post office and primary school. Framlingham is only 4 miles from the property and offers further facilities. The Suffolk Heritage Coast, with popular destinations such as Aldeburgh, Southwold, Orford and Thorpeness, is within the locality. The county town of Ipswich is 14 miles to the south west and from here there are trains to London’s Liverpool St Station scheduled to take just over the hour.
‘The Hobbit House’ or 10 Home Farm Barns, is the last unconverted unit of the site which comprises nine stylish and contemporary homes. The building, which was perhaps a former wash house is of red brick construction under a pan tiled roof. It measures approximately 14’7 x 10’6 (4.48m x 3.23m). It is fully fenced and stands in grounds of approximately 0.25 acres. It is envisaged that The Hobbit House has scope (subject to the normal consents) to be converted to a small dwelling or home office but it is understood the vendor has not extensively researched whether the local planning authority would grant any permission for an alternative use or extension. It should be noted that it is understood there is covenant stating that the property can only be used for one single private dwelling or as a home office. Please see the downloadable legal pack.
With particulars in hand, taking all due care. Please do not proceed past the gate to ’The Hobbit House’.
The seller informs the agent that the property has a right of way over the driveway and un-metered mains water is connected. It is understood there is also a clean water discharge pipe from the property through the neighbouring grounds to the ditch, ready for a sewage plant to be connected if required. It is understood there are easements in place for connection for electricity. Interested parties should carry out their own due diligence with regard to services.
East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1RT; Tel: 01394 383789.
The property has a right of way over the driveway and a right to use the bin storage area. Number 10 will contribute 11.11% of the common area expenses excluding the cost of serving the site’s shared treatment plant and tank. It will include the maintenance of the road, communal grounds and gardens, any lighting systems and the bin presentation area.
1. Every care has been taken with the preparation of these particulars, but complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. If there is any point, which is of particular importance to you, please obtain professional confirmation. Alternatively, we will be pleased to check the information for you. These Particulars do not constitute a contract or part of a contract. All measurements quoted are approximate. The Fixtures, Fittings & Appliances have not been tested and therefore no guarantee can be given that they are in working order. Photographs are reproduced for general information and it cannot be inferred that any item shown is included. No guarantee can be given that any planning permission or listed building consent or building regulations have been applied for or approved. The agents have not been made aware of any covenants or restrictions that may impact the property, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 require all Estate Agents to obtain sellers and buyers identity.
3. In the unlikely situation of our client considering an offer prior to auction, a premium price would have to be put forward and the purchaser would be required to sign the contract and put down a 10% deposit and pay the Buyers Administration Charge, well in advance of the auction date. An offer will not be considered unless a potential buyer has read the legal pack and is in a position to immediately sign the contract. The seller is under no obligation to accept such an offer. It should be noted that Clarke and Simpson cannot keep all interested parties updated and at times will be instructed to accept an offer and exchange contracts without going back to any other parties first.
4. Additional fees: Buyers Administration Charge - £900 including VAT (see Buying Guide). Disbursements - please see the Legal Pack for any disbursements listed that may become payable by the purchaser upon completion.
5.The guide price is an indication of the sellers minimum expectations. This is not necessarily the figure that the property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. The property will be offered subject to a reserve (a figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we will expect to be set within the guide range of no more than 10% above a single figure guide.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.