Kitchen, utility room, bathroom, dining room, sitting room and store rooms.
Two first floor bedrooms and dressing room. Numerous outbuildings. 0.25 acres.
Method of Sale
The property is being offered for sale by Unconditional Timed Online Auction on 17th May 2022 and on the assumption the property reaches the reserve price, exchange of contracts will take place upon the fall of the electronic gavel with completion occurring 20 working days thereafter. For details of how to bid please read our Online Auction Buying Guide.
The vendor’s solicitor is preparing an Auction Legal Pack. This will be available to view online and interested parties should Register online to receive updates. If you are viewing a hard set of these particulars or via Rightmove or alike, please visit the Online Property Auctions section of Clarke and Simpson’s website to Watch, Register and Bid.
The seller’s solicitor is Birketts Solicitors; 141 -145 Princes Street, Ipswich IP1 1QJ; For the attention of Katy Moss; Email: email@example.com; Tel: 01473 232300. We recommend that interested parties instruct their solicitor to make any additional enquiries prior to the auction.
187 Clay Street is situated in a superb secluded rural position in Thornham Magna, which is a small rural village. It benefits from The Four Horseshoes pub and the Thornham Walks visitor attraction with 12 miles of dedicated trails. Thornham Magna is about 3.5 miles from the market town of Eye with the well regarded Hartismere High School. The local towns of Diss and Stowmarket both have excellent shopping facilities and a mainline station to London's Liverpool Street. The property has convenient access to the A140, the main road from Norwich to Ipswich, the county towns of Norfolk and Suffolk respectively.
187 Clay Street is a pretty cottage that now requires complete renovation. It is envisaged that some parties may explore the option of obtaining planning permission to demolish the existing dwelling and construct a new house. The property has grounds extending to 0.25 acres and has field views to three sides.
A UPVC glazed door to the rear of the property provides access to the hallway that has a door to the
Kitchen 13’11 x 12’7 (4.24m x 3.84m)
North facing UPVC window. Solid fuel stove. Doors lead to the stores and the inner hallway and to the
That leads to the bathroom and
Utility Room 8’ x 5’ (2.44m x 1.52m)
Stainless steel sink with cupboards below. Plumbing for a washing machine. North facing UPVC window.
Bath, WC and east facing UPVC window.
Sitting Room 11’ x 10’ (3.35m x 3.05m)
Fireplace. South facing UPVC window.
Dining Room 10’ x 10’ (3.05m x 3.05m)
South facing UPVC window.
From the kitchen, a further door opens to
Store Rooms 18’ x 10’ (5.49m x 3.05m) and 10’ x 6’7 (3.05m x 2.01m)
These could be incorporated into further living accommodation and have south and west facing UPVC windows and a door to the exterior.
From the inner hallway, stairs lead to a
With south facing UPVC window and doors to the two bedrooms.
Bedroom One 10’ x 10’ (3.05m x 3.05m)
South facing UPVC window with field views.
Bedroom Two 11’3 x 10’4 (3.43m x 3.15m)
Fireplace. South facing UPVC window. Wardrobe.
A door opens to a
Dressing Room 10’10 x 8’4 (3.30m x 2.54m)
With east facing UPVC window. Water tank and opening to the attic space. Restricted ceiling heights.
The property is approached from the lane via a drive that leads to a parking area for a number of vehicles. The main gardens lie to the north of the house and are enclosed by mature tress. Within the grounds are a number of very basic outbuildings which provide a useful footprint for redevelopment. In all, the grounds extend to approximately 0.25 acres.
Strictly by appointment with the agent. Please follow current Covid-19 government guidelines.
Mains water and electricity. Basic private drainage system (a buyer should budget to install a new sewage treatment plant).
Band C; £1,662.13 payable per annum 2022/2023
Mid Suffolk District Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Rd, Ipswich IP1 2BX; Tel: 0345 6066067
= Rating G (Copy available from the agents)
1. Every care has been taken with the preparation of these particulars, but complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. If there is any point, which is of particular importance to you, please obtain professional confirmation. Alternatively, we will be pleased to check the information for you. These Particulars do not constitute a contract or part of a contract. All measurements quoted are approximate. The Fixtures, Fittings & Appliances have not been tested and therefore no guarantee can be given that they are in working order. Photographs are reproduced for general information and it cannot be inferred that any item shown is included. No guarantee can be given that any planning permission or listed building consent or building regulations have been applied for or approved. The agents have not been made aware of any covenants or restrictions that may impact the property, unless stated otherwise. Any site plans used in the particulars are indicative only and buyers should rely on the Land Registry/transfer plan.
2. The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 require all Estate Agents to obtain sellers and buyers identity.
3. In the unlikely situation of our client considering an offer prior to auction, a premium price would have to be put forward and the purchaser would be required to sign the contract and put down a 10% deposit and pay the Buyers Administration Charge, well in advance of the auction date. An offer will not be considered unless a potential buyer has read the legal pack and is in a position to immediately sign the contract. The seller is under no obligation to accept such an offer. It should be noted that Clarke and Simpson cannot keep all interested parties updated and at times will be instructed to accept an offer and exchange contracts without going back to any other parties first.
4. Additional fees: Buyers Administration Charge - £900 including VAT (see Buying Guide). Disbursements - please see the Legal Pack for any disbursements listed that may become payable by the purchaser upon completion.
5. The guide price is an indication of the sellers minimum expectations. This is not necessarily the figure that the property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. The property will be offered subject to a reserve (a figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we will expect to be set within the guide range of no more than 10% above a single figure guide.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.